Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Hummingbird's Feet


I have no clue why,  but when I was a kid and I was sick or sad, my mom would make me tomato soup, grilled cheese and chocolate milk (in the blender), and we would call this hummingbirds feet. So with all the colds going around (for some reason...) right now, here is the perfect 'Get well soon' feel-good dinner.

 Ingredients:
  • Tomato soup
  • Velveeta Cheese
  • Whole Milk

Get the Campbell’s tomato soup, and dump it out of the can. Follow the direction on the can, but replace the word “water” with milk. Just before serving, take a healthy chunk of Velveeta cheese and let it melts in the soup, so that every time you take a bite, there are strings of it stretching out.

See my “what’s in your fridge” grilled cheese recipe for the grilled cheese.

Totally quick and easy, but Lord it is so delicious. Sometimes it’s the simple things in life that are worth waiting for.

 

BONUS:

If I was really sad, my Mom would press cookie dough into greased muffin pans and then serve me ice cream in the ‘cookie bowl ‘.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment