Tuesday, April 9, 2013

‘What’s -in –your- fridge?’ Grilled Cheese


OK, there are obviously room for variables here, but whenever I am totally at a loss, I can depend on the fact that I will have some sort of bread & cheese in my fridge.
For me last night, it was a 7 grain bread and Swiss. I also had some turkey breast and bacon in the meat drawer.

Stuff you’ll need:
  • Bread
  •  Cheese
  • Anything that you think would be awesome inside of it.

How to make the deliciousness:

Take a medium frying pan and melt up some butter to grease it. The butter also gives the bread a nice brown color. I use 2 tbsp for each side of the grilled cheese.

Melt the butter on low-medium.

If your like me and you are using bacon, then microwave it for one minute first.

Put the bacon, turkey, and two slices of whatever cheese your using (in my case, Swiss) in-between the bread (in my case, 7 grain).

Place the whole sandwich on the medium low frying pan for 2 minutes.

Throw in the other 2 tbsp. of butter and flip the sandwich. Leave on for two minutes again.

When the cheese is melty, remove from the frying pan.

BONUS:

Grilled cheese is phenomenal by itself, but I’ll usually whip up an aioli to dip it in. World simplest aioli is mayo, spicy brown mustard, and honey, and the stuff I good on everything. A dip of that before each bite is pure happiness.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment